Thursday 10 May 2012

US President invites A R Rahman !

A R Rahman cheerfully said that he was invited to the White House by American President Obama. Miami University in America had decided to honour music composer A R Rahman with a doctorate.
A R Rahman who accepted this left to America last Saturday. There was a standing ovation when A R Rahman was conferred with his first American Honorary Doctorate. American President and his family members had personally signed a letter inviting me to their White House. I never even imagined about this.
At this juncture I am thinking of those people who gave me an important turning point in my life. My father and mother refined me with disciplinary norms. Manirathnam was the one who gave me the first opportunity to compose music for the Tamil film Roja. Islamic sages taught me how to introspect me myself. The Indian people accepted me and my music without any discrimination. Similarly Hollywood has also accepted me.�

No comments:

Post a Comment